Monday, February 12, 2007

Dorkbot in Second Life

There is a new Dorkbot chapter forming in the Second Life virtual world. So of course, I decided to make a t-shirt to show off the DorkbotDC colors at the DorkbotSL meeting on Sunday. Feb. 18:

dorkbotdc tshirt front

dorkbotdc tshirt back

While hanging out in SL, I got to meet Ian Ah aka Ian Murray (translate in english here), a Canadian media artist. Ian was kind enough to invite me to his very cool media screening room in the clouds, and to give me lots of cool SL stuff (like a pool of blood that forms around your foot, headphones, glasses, and lots more!). It was a my first serious stay in SL, and very trippy!

I don't know if I'm going to ever be a SL regular, but I sure would like to explore around inside a bit doing tech art projects - of course, my idea is to connect virtual objects in second life with physical objects in the real-world over IP.

No comments: