Thursday, June 29, 2006

New Boards

Here is the Modtronix SBC65EC. It is a PIC18F6627 based system with Ethernet, RS232, I2C, 12 Analog Inputs, and 32 Digital I/Os. It comes pre-loaded with Web Based Configuration, and can bootload new programs over Ethernet:

SBC65EC

And here is the Pololu Micro Serial Servo Controller. It is an 8-channel servo controller driven with RS-232 or TTL serial. It is small!

Polulu Servo Controller

Could I write a 5-channel servo controller on the SBC65EC board? Probably yes, but since the Pololu controller only cost $20, it isn't worth me spending the 10 hours it would take to write the servo controller and make it work well and play nice with the TCP/IP stack. Unfortunately the SBC65EC does not expose all of the PIC18F6627 PWM outputs, so I'd have to do the PWMing myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.